We are finally through with the house we originally made an offer on. The owner was unwilling to fix everything (which is what we ultimately hoped for), so we were able to make a clean break and get our earnest money back. Our real estate agent has been working so hard to show us every house that we might possibly be interested in and we found a new “keeper” on Sunday. We made an offer and are just waiting on all of the counters to settle to see if we will be getting this one inspected.
I am really excited about this house, because we like the neighborhood and it has some really great features that some of the other houses we have looked at did not have. I am trying to keep myself from getting too attached to this house though, just in case it too comes back with an unacceptable inspection. There are plenty of things we can live with, but bad foundations and shotty roofs will just not do! (Luckily, this one has a roof that is only 1 1/2 years old!) So I will do my best to keep everyone updated on how this house works out, and hopefully, we will be sitting in closing on July 2!