Bradley and I went with our real estate agent a few Saturdays ago to look at more houses. Well, we fell in love with one of them and put an offer in immediately. It is a great ranch in Acworth with large living areas and the biggest master suite we have seen to date in our price range. It has new carpet and appliances and seemed all around great for the price. After a few counters, we settled on a price and terms. All that was left was the inspection.
The inspection was on Friday and we are not as excited about this house anymore. The roof is about shot, the air conditioning needs servicing, there are some rotted windows and a broken truss in the attic which also is improperly insulated. At this point we have sent the report on to our real estate agent and I suppose the homeowners will be given a chance to repair whatever we ask for, but I am not holding my breath that they will be too willing. I know there is another offer on the home if ours falls through, so the owners may hope that the other buyers will not ask for all of the repairs, but we can not take on these kinds of problems in a house. There is no room in the budget for a new roof!
So hopefully we will know soon if everything will work out on this house, but I have a feeling that we will soon start up our search for the perfect home again!