5 cups of Fresh blueberries (or 2 14 oz. pkgs frozen)
1 Tablespoon of Lemon juice
1 (15 oz.) package refrigerated pie crusts
1 cup of Sugar
1/3 cup of All-purpose flour (use ½ c. if using frozen blueberries)
1/8 tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Ground cinnamon
2 Tablespoons of Butter or margarine
1 Large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. Sugar
- Sprinkle berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- Fit half of pastry in a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
- Combine 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- Unfold remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 tsp sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
*Use aluminum foil or a pie crust cover around the edges to keep them from getting over done.
Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…mmmmm