I didn’t get a whole lot finished this weekend because of being in my home town most of the day on Saturday, but I did work on a few things.
I put a vinyl monogram up over my desk. It came from Dali Decals on Etsy. It was very easy to put up, but I did have an oops when I was peeling the backing away. The transfer paper kept curling around and sticking to itself and it was very difficult to unstick. As a matter of fact, there was originally a thin ring around the decal, but it was torn in the process of fighting with the transfer paper. Note to self: Get someone to help next time. I think it looks fine without the ring, but I figure I could always just paint one onto the wall later if I decide it is missing something.
This project however only scratches the surface of getting my craft room finished. I have had the furniture set up the way I wanted it and the curtains up for a while now, but I haven’t been so great with the decorating. So another project I have going is putting together a collage of frames above my bookcase. I have found a few frames at Goodwill and they are now painted white, but I still need more. Then I will use moulding to surround all of the frames like it is one giant piece. I got the idea from a bio on the nest.
At some point I would also like to add crown moulding in here to fancy it up a bit.
The last thing I worked on was painting the handle on our bathroom sink. The half bath and our master bath have the same sink faucet. It is silver with two handles, both of which had oak handles when we moved in. We found white handles in the half bath that are interchangeable so it now has a silver and white faucet. But the white handles were mysteriously missing in the master bathroom. We have tried to find new handles for it, but no luck. So I decided I would use the oak handles that came out of the half bath to experiment with some silver spray paint. We have decided that it at least looks better than the oak handle, so I will paint another one this week to match.