Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Cake mix
1/2 cup cocoa (3/4 cup if doubled)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
- Bake cake according to directions
- Poke holed in cake with a toothpick and ice cake, letting icing run down into layers.
- Mix cocoa, sugar and evaporated milk.
- Cut up butter and add to ingredients.
- Bring ingredients to a boil in saucepan, cook for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- It will be runny, so let cool slightly before icing cake.
Original recipe from my grandmother.
This is Bradley’s favorite cake! (Note: if you don’t let the icing cool enough, it will run down the cake like mine always does – see pic. – If it cools completely, it will be too brittle to spread on the cake. Like Goldie Locks, it needs to be just right) Once completely cool, the icing forms a nice crust.