Another beautiful weekend to work in the yard. Bradley cut the grass and helped me lay the rest of the cypress mulch on the left side of the house.
I also finally got around to planting my blueberry bushes and a couple blackberry bushes I got this weekend from Home Depot. (We will probably move from this house before these puny little guys get big enough to produce fruit 🙂
Here is the headboard I picked up at Goodwill about a month ago. I have been waiting for some nice weather to get it outside and spray paint it white. Here it is drying in the sun. Then on to the guest bedroom. It should seriously make the room feel more finished and legit.
Lastly, I have been trying to figure out forever why I didn’t like our bed linens. I knew I wanted some lighter shams for the bed to break up all the chocolate, but I couldn’t decide what to do. Then I realized that all of the catalogs I get use euro shams to add height and layers behind the regular shams. Duh! I’m not a big pillow person, having so many is a bit superfluous to me, but I started to get really excited about this idea. So I found some light mocha euro shams at BB&B. They looked all floppy on the bed, not at all what I had envisioned in my head. So I bought some starch! This was my first experience with starch and after a slight learning curve I got it down. Now the bed looks a lot more like what I had envisioned. First the before:
And the after:
I like it better. It’s not perfect. But as the nester says: It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful!