Guest Bedroom Update

Early this year, after some health issues arose, Bradley’s grandparents moved to an assisted living apartment.  In preparation of renting their home, it had to be completely cleaned out.  I asked if we could use the spare queen-size mattress set they had in order to upgrade the size of our guest bed.  We had to purchase a new frame for it, but all of the bedding I already had was queen and full/queen, so there wasn’t much more expense than that to do the switch.

Guest BR 0715a

The layout of the room had irritated me since we originally set it up.  I had the bed on the left wall because that is where the switched outlet is, but I finally decided to put the bed centered under the small window and run an extension cord along the baseboard to plug in the bedside lamps.  The symmetry is so much better now.  I placed a mirror above each side table to reflect more light, though I didn’t measure well so they aren’t balanced very well.

Guest BR 0715b

I added some interest to the large blank wall by framing eight vintage sewing pattern envelopes.  The frames don’t necessarily match the look of the room, but they were stashed in the basement, so I pulled them out to try.

Guest BR 0715c

Guest BR 0715d

Before:

Guest Bedroom 0714

One thought on “Guest Bedroom Update

  1. Pingback: Progress Report: Year 2 in Review | Habitual Rearranger

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *