In 2008 I decided to try my hand at making a UGA wreath for our house. After Christmas in 2007, I had purchased the faux ‘frosted’ evergreen wreath and red berry picks on clearance at JoAnns. The letters were also from the craft store, painted with red craft paint. I found the Georgia ornaments at the beginning of the season in 2008 at Garden Ridge I believe.
The weather was not kind to my wreath, so I had to replace some of the berry picks in 2009. I also added the Hairy Dawg ornament that I received from a friend. I ended up liking the revised version better!
In 2014, we moved into our forever home which has a covered front porch that protects my wreaths from the weather. I replaced the bow with one made from black and white chevron/red velvet ribbon that I found on Trendy Tree.
In 2015, I added wreaths to each window on the front of our house. They need red velvet bows on each wreath, so that will happen next. My mom and sister made and purchased cheery pillows for the red chairs on my front porch.
I added red bows to the window wreaths this year, and it really helps them stand out more.
In addition I added a few new porch decorations. To the left of the door, I placed a vintage sled that we got from Bradley’s grandparents when they downsized earlier this year and an olive bucket filled with “snowballs.” On the right side I found a pair of large resin deer to balance things out.