As a surprise for Bradley when he returned from his business trip, I worked on a few DIY projects in his office. He loves orange and is inspired by modern design when he is working on his creative projects.
I decided to try my hand at painting some different sized horizontal orange stripes on the wall behind his desk. I chose Bonfire by Behr. I am pretty happy with the outcome.
My only problem came from the tape not wanting to peel off cleanly. I had to use probably 6 or 7 coats to cover the brown, so I couldn’t peel the tape of until I had finished my last coat and by then the first 6 coats had dried. I fixed this by using an exacto knife to score the edge of the tape and give me a clean line. For the most part I didn’t have any bleeding (me or the paint) to my relief.
I also hung the three large frames we bought on sale at Ikea a while back on the opposite wall. No small feat since I had to attach all of the hanging wires and measure forty different ways to get them in a straight line at the same height. They are close enough:)
Maybe this will motivate Bradley to take some creative pictures to put in the frames!