The cloves of garlic I planted in the fall have sprouted. I counted 44 total – that means 44 whole bulbs this summer! I plan to give some away and keep some to plant again next year. I think it would take us a long time to go through that much garlic otherwise. Next month, I plan to fertilize with seaweed mix and fish emulsion, information about which I found in this article.
I am happy to say also that the succulents I put in the tiny strip of dirt by the front walkway are doing really well. I was afraid that all the rain we’ve had this winter would rot them, but they have grown a lot and seem to be very happy.
Here is a reminder of what they looked like when I first put them in the ground back in September: